First Post (and Overwhelmed...?)
I sit here pondering "What do I work on next?". I can't possibly be the only model railroader with 1,000 projects going on at once. Whenever I get the chance, I'll lumber down to the model railroad room, grab a seat at my desk and try to figure out if I can accomplish anything meaningful.
Jason Shron had an interesting post on his Facebook page a few years ago - to try and spend 15 minutes a day working on your layout (or maybe the hobby in general?). It was an interesting read and I actually made an attempt - for a while - to follow said mantra.
Yet here I am - trying to accomplish something. Anything.
A small snippet (and I mean small) of things on my bench -
![]() |
| Several Kato SD40s (now waiting on Kaslo *hopefully* releasing 3D printed Canadian steps) |
![]() |
| So, so many 40' grain boxes in various states of completion |
![]() |
| Did I mention I have a layout under construction? |
Today's accomplishments include - re-installing a door handle on a Kaslo Shops 52'8" combo door CNR boxcar (that made it through paint and decaling and now the door handle is MIA), repairing a ladder on another Kaslo 50'6" combo door BCR boxcar (that also made it through paint and decaling). replacing a ladder that disappeared on another Kaslo 60' wood chip gondola, and replacing a broken step on another Kaslo 60' CNR gondola. Insert plug here for Kaslo Shops kits... Are these really 'accomplishments'? I'm not really sure - but in a few days - three of these cars will be ready for dull coat and then some more finishing steps. Maybe Jason is right - some days you can really do something in 15 minutes.




Comments
Post a Comment